Following the successful completion of my qualifying exams last year I made a short trip to the US and Canada to get a taste of American academia in Ann Arbor so that I can explore possible research directions and then followed by visiting close relatives up in Toronto-Canada and making a drive down to Washington DC through Niagara Falls, New York State, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
While it was a very short trip I did manage to see and experience amazing things almost on a daily basis. Academically, I believe the visit to Ann Arbor set the tone for the following year in my realization that I would like to pursue experimental social psychology and the trip that followed made me appreciate the fact the after 4-5 years in Asia living in Hong Kong and Taiwan there are lots of things that await for me in other parts of the world.
To summarize that wonderful trip, following are the scattered blog posts related to that trip.
Visit to Ann Arbor & University of Michigan
- University of Michigan Museums : Ann Arbor
- Michigan and State Theaters : Ann Arbor
- Business versus Law Schools : University of Michigan
- University of Michigan campus : Ann Arbor
- Around Ann Arbor
- Downtown Toronto : Revisit Thoughts
- The Distillery Historic District : Toronto
- Ontario Legislative Building : Toronto
- Gerrard Street – Little India : Toronto
- Kensington Market : Toronto
- Bata Shoe Museum : Toronto
- The Beaches
New York State
- Niagara Falls : Canadian side
- Niagra Falls : US side
- Watkins Glen – Finger Lakes
- Buffalo – Didn’t do much, but did watch the brilliant Wicked.
- Gettysburg National Military Park : Pennsylvania
- State Capitol Building : Harrisburg Pennsylvania
- Hershey’s Chocolate World : Pennsylvania
Baltimore – Maryland
Washington DC & Virginia
- Lots of places visited. Visit summarized here – Washington DC Trip Summary & Suggested 5 Days Itinerary
May there be many more to come.