While based in the US, I went to New York City for Christmas and New Years to visit my sister who was doing an exchange to NYU and meeting my parents who flew in to NYC for a visit. We spent about 10 days in New York, with an AirBnB apartment in Brooklyn next to Prospect Park. It was cold, but with a wonderful Christmas spirit (tough we never celebrated), and I got to reunite with some dear old friends from long long ago who happened to live in NYC at the time. Rather than just visiting attractions, we focused our efforts on atmosphere, culture and just plain fun.
To start you off, here’s a collection of photos from the visit…
- Leonard Cohen Live Performance : Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Art Museum : New York City
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens : New York City
- Central Park : New York City
- China Town : New York City
- The Jewish Museum : New York City
- Eldrige Street Synagogue Museum : China Town – New York City
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art : New York City
- Columbia University Campus : New York City
- The High Line : New York City
Also caught a couple of musicals (Book of Mormons, Les Miserable) and quite a few live music shows. And the food… glorious wonderful food.