So what did 2010 look like? to me, this was a year of exploration and realization.
To give you a quick insight into my 2010, here are some of the highlights of my 2010 as it was reflected in my blog posts:
- I visit Japan for the first time. Tokyo was absolutely amazing and not as expensive as initially expected.
- In HK – The HK Peninsula Hotel teaset, visited the HK Asia Game Show
- In HK – Did the challenging Pat Sing Leng Hiking Trail, explored the new West Kowloon Waterfront area, had a terrific time at the gorgeous Kadoorie Farms, visited Lamma Island again with Stitch, saw the Kowloon Walled City Park, and summarized my first 3 years in Asia.
- Discussed cross cultural relationships in great depth.
- In HK – explored flora at the HK Flower Show 2010 and Chinese newyear’s flower market, owed at a 500 feet dancing dragon at the Tai Kok Tsui Temple Fair, toured the HK Government House on their open day,
- Finally summarized my Istanbul trip with my sister in 2009.
- Visited the lovely Hangzhou in mainland China.
- In HK – Explored the Sai Kung area at Sharp Island and the near by island of Kiu Tau
- Saw my family back in Israel and saw a lot – Mount Meron, Neve Tzedek, Tel Aviv Harbor, Jaffa Flee Market, Yarkon river & park, Menara cliff, old city Jaffa, Safed’s local people & old synagogues, the Syriac Orthodox church in Jerusalem.
- In HK – Hoi Ha Wan Marine Park.
- Revisited Taiwan again, my home at heart – Taipei Maokong Gondola, 228 peace memorial park, CKS memorial hall, miniatures museum of Taiwan, Hualien City – Aboriginal dance show, NTU community arts festival, Fulong beach & Fulong sand festival 2010, Maokong Tea Houses, Taiwan’s condom world, Linmei Shipan trail in Yilan, views from Jiufen, Jiufen’s teahouses, alleys of Jiufen, national center for traditional arts Luodong (& food)
- Visited Shanghai in mainland China for an academic conference – The Bund, Pudong night skyline, Confucius Temple, Bund Tourist Tunnel, Qi Bao water town, Duolun road – cultural historical district, Jinmao tower observation deck, Nanjing east road, old Chinese town, Xitang ancient water town (& food)
- In HK – Cosplay event at HKUST (more Cosplay), HK international arts fair 2010
- Visited Bulgaria – Rila Monastery.
- In Shenzhen – Fairy lake botanical gardens & Hongfa temple.
- Explored Israel-Asia connections (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Another summer trip to Israel – Jerusalem gay pride parade, Asaf Avidan live performance, Palm Sunday, Hertzliya beach, old city Jerusalem, MC Karolina live performance, artist’s house, Jerusalem’s international arts festival 2010, Aviv Gefen live performance, Acre, Mercedes Band live performance, white city Jerusalem, Tel Dan springs and nature reserve.
- Visited Albania – Kruje castle, Kruja old bazaar, Kruja national ethnographic museum, Kruja Dollma Teqe, Berat castle & Onufri national museum, Berati white city,
- Visited Croatia – Dubrovnik’s old city, old city walls, Jewish museum,
- Shenzhen 30 years fireworks
- In HK – Fire Dragon Tin Hau festival, mid-autumn lantern carnival, Bella Gaia in HKUST,
- Visited Macedonia – Ohrid, more of Ohrid, Ohrid lake, Strumica & Kolesino waterfalls,
- In HK – beautiful HKST campus, HKUST Unibar,
- Visited Cambodia – Phnom Penh national museum of Cambodia & Royal Palace.
- Visited Israel again for an academic conference – Daniel Salomon live performance.
- in HK – Lung Ha Wan country trail, Clearwater Bay Tree Walk & Country Park
Overall, this year I’ve been to Taiwan (1), Japan (1), Israel (3), Cambodia (1), Balkans (1) – Bulgaria, Macedonia, Croatia, Albania, Montenegro & Bosnia, and ofcourse – numerous tours to mainland and around HK.
If you’d like, you can compare this to my 2009.
Yet, still lots to catch up on from the trip to Cambodia, Israel, and my events in HK and mainland, but those will have to wait for 2011.
Happy new year 2011.