So what did 2021 look like?
2021, gosh, where to begin? This has been a very challenging year, trying to make the most of a stuck situation during a raging world pandemic. It’s been so bad that doing a summary of travels almost seems pointless, bordering on inappropriate. But even in dark times, it’s maybe good to go back and reflect on our journey and try to recall the bright moments.
I had a lot of hopes and dreams for this year. End of last year vaccinates were coming out, and I thought I’ll be able to resume my travels, but the world shut down on me, and it wasn’t clear to me where I could go and what I could do. I finally did travel to Israel, and from there had trips to Crete Greece and Cyprus, just as it seemed like these countries are able to fend off and overcome the situation, only to realize that I should get back to Hong Kong and get back to the zero-covid strict policy that isolated Hong Kong from the world.
Alright, let’s see how to do this and give it a go.
This year I’ve explored a lot more of my Hong Kong base, with revisits to Israel and Greece (new part – Crete) and first visit to Cyprus.
So, here’s a quick summary of my 2021 in travel…
Did quite a lot roaming around this island with a car for about a week. Here’s a bit from what I was able to document:
- Visions of Heraklion : Crete
- Greek Mythology Thematic Park : Crete
- Lychnostatis Open Air Museum : Crete
Also did quite a bit roaming around this island with a car for about a week. Here’s a bit from what I was able to document:
A very partial list of the many adventures that I did in Hong Kong in 2021. Very delayed on that, I’ll update these as I post more.
- CUHK museum of climate change : Hong Kong
- Cupnoodle Museum Tsim Sha Tsui : Hong Kong
- Cape Collinson walk : Eastern Hong Kong
- Peng Chau local island life : Hong Kong
- Tao Fong Shan Christian Centre : Sha Tin
- Fu Tei Au to Wo Keng Shan hike : Northern Hong Kong
- Fu Tei country trail hike : Lam Tei Reservoir to Tuen Mun
- 1000 islands hike Maclehose Trail section 10 : Hong Kong
- Tin Hau Kung, Western Monastery, Yuen Yuen Institute: Tsuen Wan temples
- Tsuen Wan and Park Island : Hong Kong
- Old Tai Po Police Station and Green Hub : Northern Hong Kong
- Three Village Pavilion & Ping Yeung Mural Village : Northern Hong Kong
- Sharp Island Sai Kung : Hong Kong
- Yim Tin Tsai deserted Hakka Christian ghost village : Sai Kung
See middle of 2020 post for a combined list of the Israel posts. Very delayed on that, I’ll update these as I post more.
I really hope 2021 will get us back to some kind of semi-normal life, and hopefully atleast a bit of travel.
Hang in there…