So what did 2009 look like? to me, this was yet another year of hectic changes and adventurous uncertainties. To give you quick insight into my 2009, here are some of the highlighted posts from 2009 :
- My mom’s the first of my family to visit me in Taiwan.
- I make the very difficult decision of leaving Taiwan and moving to Hong Kong to study my PhD at HKUST’s MGMT.
- I love Taiwan with all my heart. Leaving was not easy.
- Getting to know Hong Kong better, with some Cosplay (Cosplay 1, Cosplay 2, Cosplay 3), HK museums and Central.
- First impressions of HKUST and China case studies from the classes I was taking. Adjusting to the intense pressures of the top-tier journal orientations, and trying to make sense of it all.
- Touring Hong Kong – 10000 Buddhas, Lan Kwai Fong, HK Island, Flower Festival.
- First visit back to Taiwan after leaving. Feels nostalgic, and loving every second.
- My first visit to Guangzhou. Touring around with local friends – arts museum, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, & Yue Xiu Park.
- Getting to know the “other” Hong Kong – local festivals, beautiful beaches, delicious fresh seafood, and breathtaking natural scenery.
- Got to know Chinese University of Hong Kong, contemplated HK education, and visited the arts fair and flower exhibition.
- My sweet sweet sister drops in for a surprise happy birthday visit to Hong Kong and we explore the city together.
- Visited Lamma Island, and enjoyed the local Kong Fu and book festivals.
- Second quick visit to Tainan – boat festival, cosplay restaurant, a taste of old Taiwan, and lotus flowers.
- Academic tour of Guangzhou and visit to Baiyun Mountains and Chimelong.
- Cosplay sweeps through HKUST (Cosplay 1, Cosplay 2, Cosplay 3, Cosplay 4, Cosplay 5)
- AniCom displays in HK (Anicom 1, Anicom Cosplay 2, Anicom 3)
- First real visit to Shenzhen – Face changing masks, Splendid China, Shenzhen folk village.
- Visited my other sweet sweet sister living in gorgeous Istanbul and enjoyed the friendly Turkish people, local music and food. Spice Bazaar, whirling Dervishes, grand bazaar, blue Sultan Ahmed, & bosphorus.
- Very short visit back home. Too short.
- HK’s crazy dragon dance festival, mid-autumn festival, China’s 60th national day, Halloween bash.
- First visit to Macau.
- Visited Sai Kung Peninsula, and Lion Rock Peak.
Still more to write about, and there’s plenty I didn’t get around to. But that gives a somewhat general idea of the year I’ve had, travel/study wise.
How was your year?