Hong Kong’s Kowloon area has got a few theme street markets. One of the famous ones is the flower market which includes a circle of streets near Prince Edwards MTR station all devoted to selling plants and flowers of all colors, sizes and shapes. It’s quite colorful, and very vibrant and crowded, making this an exciting local attraction where a visitor can see some of the local market life.
HK government’s Discover Hong Kong writes:
One of Hong Kong’s most colourful street markets, the Flower Market is a jungle of exotic blossoms, luck-bringing houseplants and sweet scents to be found in more than 50 shops. It’s fun to walk around the market admiring the huge variety of flowers and plants for sale. Before Chinese New Year, families flock to the market to buy auspicious plants to celebrate the most important festival on the Lunar calendar. You’ll find this botanical treat on Flower Market Road, Mong Kok. It is open from 7am to 7pm.
To get there -
1. MTR Prince Edward Station Exit B1 and walk east along Prince Edward Road West.
2. MTR Mong Kok East Station Exit C. Walk to Sai Yee Street via footbridge and follow the signs.
Welcome to … Flower Market Road.
Where this is some of what you can expect to see…
More photos and info on the market here:
- The Flower Market & Bird Market, Prince Edward, Kowloon
- Flower Market and Bird Street
- My visit to the Hong Kong Flower market
- Flower Market in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Flower Market
- The Bushman