Last July I wrote about the exciting news of going away on an exchange to Florida State University to work with Baumeister and his lab. It’s unbelievable how quickly these months flew by, but I’m now back in Hong Kong.
There’s no way to really summarize this kind of experience. Suffice to say that I’ve had a chance to meet and work with some of the best in my field as I’ve learned and developed professionally.
Throughout my time in the states, I’ve come across some amazing people who have opened their homes and their hearts to me, treating me with nothing but warmth and care.
I was lucky to have the chance to travel and experience some of the US and Puerto Rico. Looking back, I could not have wished for a better time away.
To try and summarize my experience :
- Learned up close and in person how some of the best in my field work and participated in one of social psyc’s best labs.
- Attended 4 academic conferences (the highlight being SPSP).
- Started a few collaborations with scholars who I hold the highest respects for, and some of those collaborations have been submitted and are now under review in various psyc journals.
- Through those, I’ve manage to make my way to (in order) :
- Boston, MA
- Tallahassee, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Daytona, FL
- Saint Augustine, FL
- Gainesville, FL
- Pensacola, FL
- Puerto Rico
- New York City, NY
- Tampa, FL
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Sarasota, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Mobile, AL
- New Orleans, LO
- Miami, FL
- and numerous other treasures along the way.
It was a terrific adventure. May there be many more to come.