During the time that I’ve been based in Tallahassee Florida for research with Florida State University I’ve had various opportunities to wonder all around Florida. This summary summarizes all my Florida travels with links to the various posts detailing my adventures.
West Coast Florida
The trip to the west coast I did with my visiting family, who came down to sunny Florida in January. After the freezing cold in New York City, the sunshine state was a relief. We first started off with Tampa bay area, going down to Sarasota, and then headed to the east coast to see a bit of Orlando and Palm Beach.
- Visions of Saint Petersburg, Sarasota & Tampa Bay : Trip Preview
- Saint Petersburg Pier : Florida
- Treasure Island Beach : Saint Petersburg – Florida
- Sunken Gardens : Saint Petersburg – Florida
- Ringling Museum of Art : Sarasota
- Ringling Estate, Grounds and Mansion : Sarasota
- Ringling Circus Museum : Sarasota
I visited Gainesville for a conference at University of Florida and had a chance to see a bit of the quiet little town.
East Coast Florida
I once visited the east coast after my Gainesville conference and once with my family, making sure I visit all the local highlights – Disney, Universal, Kennedy Space Center and much much more toward south (Palm Beach) and north (Saint Augustine).
- Epcot Center : Walt Disney World – Orlando
- Universal Studios : Orlando Florida
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not : Orlando Florida
East of Orlando :
The last week of my stay in the states, I had a few days to stop-over in Miami…
Northern Belt Florida
Tallahassee was where I was based, so I tried to cover almost everything that this little town has to offer.
Pensacola was visited twice, once on an academic tour with my host professor and the second on the way to an academic conference in New Orleans.
- Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum
- Pensacola Beach – IHMC visit : Florida
- National Naval Aviation Museum : Pensacola
Had the most wonderful time. Florida, especially during the winter time, is great fun. Hope to go back some day.