So what did 2010 look like? to me, this was a year of exploration and realization.
To give you a quick insight into my 2010, here are some of the highlights of my 2010 as it was reflected in my blog posts:
- Revisited Taiwan again, my home at heart – Taipei Maokong Gondola, 228 peace memorial park, CKS memorial hall, miniatures museum of Taiwan, Hualien City – Aboriginal dance show, NTU community arts festival, Fulong beach & Fulong sand festival 2010, Maokong Tea Houses, Taiwan’s condom world, Linmei Shipan trail in Yilan, views from Jiufen, Jiufen’s teahouses, alleys of Jiufen, national center for traditional arts Luodong (& food)
- Visited Shanghai in mainland China for an academic conference – The Bund, Pudong night skyline, Confucius Temple, Bund Tourist Tunnel, Qi Bao water town, Duolun road – cultural historical district, Jinmao tower observation deck, Nanjing east road, old Chinese town, Xitang ancient water town (& food)
- In HK – Cosplay event at HKUST (more Cosplay), HK international arts fair 2010
- Visited Bulgaria – Rila Monastery.
- In Shenzhen – Fairy lake botanical gardens & Hongfa temple.
- Explored Israel-Asia connections (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Another summer trip to Israel – Jerusalem gay pride parade, Asaf Avidan live performance, Palm Sunday, Hertzliya beach, old city Jerusalem, MC Karolina live performance, artist’s house, Jerusalem’s international arts festival 2010, Aviv Gefen live performance, Acre, Mercedes Band live performance, white city Jerusalem, Tel Dan springs and nature reserve.
Overall, this year I’ve been to Taiwan (1), Japan (1), Israel (3), Cambodia (1), Balkans (1) – Bulgaria, Macedonia, Croatia, Albania, Montenegro & Bosnia, and ofcourse – numerous tours to mainland and around HK.
If you’d like, you can compare this to my 2009.
Yet, still lots to catch up on from the trip to Cambodia, Israel, and my events in HK and mainland, but those will have to wait for 2011.
Happy new year 2011.